Am I liable to pay property tax on house that does not give income?

My house property does not generate any income. Am I still liable to pay house property tax with respect to that property?...

Read More

Accountant filed wrong ER-3 what action can I take.

Dear sir, We are registered with Central Excise Dept. In the F.Y. 2016-17 we are availing SSI exemption and not charging excise duty on Invoices and a...

Read More

What are long term and short term capital assets?

What do we mean by long term and short term capital assets?...

Read More

Can interest benefit be claimed for rented property without any rent

"I have a home loan on property that i have rented out and was claiming the interest benefit under section 24 of income tax act. but from the last 1 y...

Read More

Non payment of Service tax since 2013

I have not paid service tax since the year 2013 due to severe financial problems. I am in heavy debts along with my company. For the past few months m...

Read More

Is House tax on open plot u/s 63(2) NDMC is effective by law

NDMC AFTER DEMOLITION BILLED US u/s 63(2) at capital value by CIRCLE RATE FOR OPEN PLOT AND NOT UNDER NEW BY-LAWS of NDMC effective from 1-4-2009. Wha...

Read More

Partition of HUF

I have 38 years old HUF. All the assets are mutual fund and FDs.The members are myself ,my wife son and daughter.Son and daughter are NRI.I want to di...

Read More

Sole proprietorship in Bangalore

"Hi All, I have accepted an offer from a company based solely in US to work as a sales consultant on commission basis. For mode of payment they have...

Read More

Capital gain tax

"I sold my property for 2 crore and purchased a 21 year old apartment worth 80 Lakhs Which had old mosaic damaged flooring ...etc So I improved the ap...

Read More

clarifications about capital gains on house sale and purchase

I have an old house and another one was bought 2 years back (but not registered yet). If I sell my old house and pay outstanding loan of second house ...

Read More

Get Legal Advice

Contact and get legal assistance from our lawyer network for your specific query.

Ask a Lawyer!

Ask Your Query!

Have Questions? Let experts answer it for you.